PRESENTATIONS from June 21st "Let’s Talk!"
(Conversations about Advance Care Planning)
"Knowing Your Options. Medical Interventions to Comfort Care" by Janet M Lieto, DO, FACOFP
"Advance Care Planning. Why do we need it? Busting the Myths Associated with Advance Care Planning." by Chaplain David Lowe, MA, MDiv, BCC
"Meaningful Quality of Life Conversations." by Lee Ann Franklin, MDiv, MBA, BCC, CT
Advance Care Planning Websites
- Aging and Disability Resource Center of Tarrant County: ADRC
- Alzheimer’s Association - Alzheimer’s and Dementia Caregiver Center.
- REACH (Resources for Enhancing Alzheimer’s Caregiver Health).
- Conversation Ready NTX
- TAGS: Tarrant Area Gerontological Society
- United Way of Tarrant County: Area Agency on Aging of Tarrant County
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPOC): CaringInfo
- AgingCare.com: (Caregiver support newsletter offering tips, advice)
- A Place for Mom: (Assisted Living Placement Resource)
- Care for Caregivers Project
- Caregiver Action Network
- Caring.com (additional caregiver resources by topic)
- Comfort Finders: Caregivers Support Groups
- DADS: Department of Aging and Disability Services
- Family Caregiver Alliance: National Center on Caregiving (caregiving at home
- Family Caregivers Online: Education and Resources for Caregivers
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization: Caring Info
Health Care Documents
- Caregiving is Hard Enough. Isolation Can Make It Unbearable
- Lessons on Living from My 106-Year-Old Aunt Doris
- Dozens of Clergy hope to get people Talking about Death
- Pitfalls for Proxies
- What you should know about elder facilities and end-of-life care
- Getting Grief Right
- One Day Your Mind May Fade. At Least You’ll Have a Plan
- The Best Possible Day: Atul Gawande
- The Crisis Facing America’s Working Daughters
Resources for the Jewish Community
- Sage Voices:
- http://www.jtsa.edu/sage-voices: A diverse group of rabbis and religious leaders speak about end of life issues and how they integrate Jewish tradition into their own teaching and care for others.
- A Time to Talk:
- A Time to Act:
- resource guide about the documents, here.
Caregiver Resource Podcasts: